Update (4/22/21): I have been following this protocol since I resumed hosting outdoor events last year when the statewide shutdown was lifted. It was developed in consultation with a local physician and approved by the County of Ventura. The CA Department of Public Health is now anticipating fully reopening California’s economy on June 15, 2021, if vaccination numbers stay high and infection rates stay low. At that time, I will be able to reassess if mask-wearing is still a necessary precaution for my events. Until then, I appreciate everyone’s cooperation and I empathize with those of you not comfortable hiking while wearing a mask.
- All Herb Walks events will be held entirely outdoors.
- Please do not attend any walk, hike or workshop if you are experiencing any virus symptoms. You will receive a refund if you let me know before the start time of the event.
- Attendance will be limited to 12 participants for walks and hikes and 20 participants for outdoor workshops.
- We will meet at the trailhead instead of carpooling.
- Forehead temperatures will be checked with a digital thermometer upon arrival.
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask or face covering that covers nose and mouth and observe 6 feet of physical distancing at all times. Folded (two-layer) bandanas are acceptable.
- All payment and communication will take place online by email and website prior to the event. To further minimize unnecessary physical contact, I will not be handing out my waiver forms for you to sign. Please read and fill out the adult and/or minor child PDF forms sent to you in a confirmation email once you have completed online payment. Then return them by email to [email protected]. Adobe Acrobat Reader free software allows for signing PDF docs using the “Fill & Sign” option in the right sidebar. Otherwise, you can print, sign, and scan or take a photo of the signed form to attach in your reply. Once you have submitted this electronic form it will be on file and good for all future events.