I’ve carefully selected some of the primary references I recommend owning in a physical copy. Please consider purchasing them here to support the educational mission of Herb Walks. Thanks, Lanny
ALL BOOKS ARE BRAND NEW.
BOOKS ARE LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY TITLE. CLICK ON “VIEW ALL” AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SEE THEM ALL AT ONCE.
SHIPPING NOTE: Media mail is a less expensive option that usually adds only a day or two to delivery time. May be used for books only, not gift certificates.
- Birds of Southern California: A Guide to Common and Notable Species
Photos & Text: Greg R. Homel Publisher: Quick Reference Publishing (2014) Waterproof Field Guide: Six laminated
- Butterflies of Southern California: A Guide to Common and Notable Species
Photos & Text: Jim Brock Publisher: Quick Reference Publishing (2014) Waterproof Field Guide: Six laminated fold-out
- California Chaparral: An Elfin Forest
Author: W. S. Head Publisher: Naturegraph Publishers; First Edition (June 1972) Paperback: 96 pages “The
- California Field Atlas
Author: Obi Kaufmann Publisher: Heyday Books (2017) Paperback: 608 pp. Images: 300 full-color maps and
- California Foraging: 120 Wild and Flavorful Edibles from Evergreen Huckleberries to Wild Ginger
Author: Judith Larner Lowry Publisher: Timber Press (2014) Paperback: 344 pages From the publisher’s website: The diversity of
- California Native Plants for the Garden
Authors: Carol Bornstein, David Fross, Bart O’Brien Publisher: Cachuma Press (2005) Paperback: 280 pages Recipient of
- California’s Chumash Indians
Project Coordinators: Lynne McCall and Rosalind Perry Publisher: EZ Nature Books (revised edition 2002) Paperback: 280 pages
- Cannabis Medicine: A Guide to the Practice of Cannabinoid Medicine
Author: David Bearman, M.D. with Maria Pettinato, PhD, RN Publisher: Blue Point Books (2018) Paperback:
- Chaparral Shrublands of Southern California: A Folding Pocket Guide to Familiar Plants & Animals
Photos & Text: Various authors Publisher: Waterford Press (2016) Waterproof Pocket Naturalist® Guide: Six laminated fold-out panels Publisher’s
- Chumash Ethnobotany: Plant Knowledge Among the Chumash People of Southern California
Author: Jan Timbrook (with botanical watercolors by Chris Chapman) Publisher: Heyday Books (2007) Paperback: 271 pages Published