I’ve carefully selected some of the primary references that I recommend owning in a physical copy. Please consider purchasing them here to support the educational mission of Herb Walks. Thanks, Lanny
ALL BOOKS ARE BRAND NEW.
BOOKS ARE LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY TITLE. CLICK ON “VIEW ALL” AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SEE THEM ALL AT ONCE.
SHIPPING NOTE: Media mail is a less expensive option that usually adds only a day or two to delivery time. May be used for books only, not gift certificates.
- Common Edible and Useful Plants of the West
Author: Muriel Sweet Publisher: Naturegraph Publishers, Inc. (June 1976) Paperback: 64 pages One of the original
- Drought-Defying California Garden: 230 Plants For A Lush, Low-Water Landscape
Author: Greg Rubin and Lucy Warren Publisher: Timber Press (2016) Paperback: 208 pages Images: 170 color photos From
- Edible and Medicinal Plants of the West
Author: Gregory L. Tilford Publisher: Mountain Press Publishing Company (1997) Paperback: 239 pages Edible and
- Ethnobotany of the California Indians, Vol. 1 & 2
Authors: Volume 1. A bibliography
- Field Guide to Common Plants of the Santa Barbara Foothills and Southern California
Author: Hugh Margerum and David Powdrell Publisher: Cismontane Publishing; First Printing (2005) Paperback: 128 pages
- Fire, Chaparral, and Survival in Southern California
Author: Richard W. Halsey Publisher: Sunbelt Publications (Second edition: 2008) Paperback: 216 pages Images: 64
- Flowering Plants: The Santa Monica Mountains, Coastal and Chaparral Regions of Southern California
Author: Nancy Dale Publisher: Capra Press; 1st Edition (March 1986) Paperback: 239 pages The book
- Foraging California: Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Edible Wild Foods in California
From the back cover: Author: Christopher Nyerges Publisher: A Falcon Guide, an imprint of Globe
- Gospel of the Redman: A Way of Life
Authors: Ernest Thompson Seton and Julia M. Seton Publisher: Seton Village (1966 edition), originally published
- Guide to Wild Foods and Useful Plants
Author: Christopher Nyerges Publisher: Chicago Review Press; Second edition, revised and updated (2014) Paperback: 337