I’ve carefully selected some of the primary references that I recommend owning in a physical copy. Please consider purchasing them here to support the educational mission of Herb Walks. Thanks, Lanny
ALL BOOKS ARE BRAND NEW.
BOOKS ARE LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY TITLE. CLICK ON “VIEW ALL” AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SEE THEM ALL AT ONCE.
SHIPPING NOTE: Media mail is a less expensive option that usually adds only a day or two to delivery time. May be used for books only, not gift certificates.
- Hiking and Backpacking Santa Barbara and Ventura: A complete guide to the trails of the southern Los Padres National Forest
Author: Craig Carey Publisher: Wilderness Press (June 19, 2012) Paperback: 406 pages About the Book:
- How To Survive Anywhere
Author: Christopher Nyerges Publisher: Stackpole Books; Second edition (2014) Paperback: 296 pages Whether you’re in
- Medicinal Plants of the Desert and Canyon West
Author: Michael Moore Publisher: Museum of New Mexico Press (1989) Paperback: 368 pages, 28 color plates,
- Medicinal Plants of the Mountain West
Author: Michael Moore Publisher: Museum of New Mexico Press, Revised Expanded edition (August 2003) Paperback:
- Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West
Author: Michael Moore Publisher: Museum of New Mexico Press (2011) Paperback: 359 pages From the
- New Wildcrafted Cuisine: Exploring the Exotic Gastronomy of Local Terroir
Author: Pascal Baudar Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing (March, 2016) Hardcover: 432 pages With detailed recipes for ferments, infusions,
- Ojai Trails
Brand new 2014 edition is out! Now expanded to 24 trails. A fold-out map of
- Pacific Coast Tree Finder: A pocket manual for identifying Pacific Coast trees
Author: Tom Watts Publisher: Nature Study Guild Publishing; Second edition (2004) Paperback: 63 pages The classic key to identifying native
- Peterson Field Guide to Western Medicinal Plants and Herbs
Authors: Steven Foster and Christopher Hobbs Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company: 2002 Paperback: 444 pages The
- Raptors of Western North America: A Comprehensive Guide to All Species
Photos & Text: Kevin T. Karlson Publisher: Quick Reference Publishing (2016) Waterproof Field Guide: Six laminated fold-out