I’ve carefully selected some of the primary references I recommend owning in a physical copy. Please consider purchasing them here to support the educational mission of Herb Walks. Thanks, Lanny
ALL BOOKS ARE BRAND NEW.
BOOKS ARE LISTED IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY TITLE. CLICK ON “VIEW ALL” AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO SEE THEM ALL AT ONCE.
SHIPPING NOTE: Media mail is a less expensive option that usually adds only a day or two to delivery time. May be used for books only, not gift certificates.
- Peterson Field Guide to Western Medicinal Plants and Herbs
Authors: Steven Foster and Christopher Hobbs Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Company: 2002 Paperback: 444 pages The
- Raptors of Western North America: A Comprehensive Guide to All Species
Photos & Text: Kevin T. Karlson Publisher: Quick Reference Publishing (2016) Waterproof Field Guide: Six laminated fold-out
- Roadside Plants of Southern California
Now available at a discount price of $7.95. Previous price was $15.00. Author: Thomas J.
- Snakes of Southern California: A Guide to Common and Notable Species
Photos & Text: Bradford D. Hollingsworth Publisher: Quick Reference Publishing (2016) Waterproof Field Guide: Six laminated fold-out
- Southern California Food Plants: Wild Edibles of the Valleys, Foothills, Coast and Beyond
Author: Charles W. Kane Publisher: Lincoln Town Press (2013) Paperback: 52 pp. Designed as a
- Ugly Little Greens: Gourmet Dishes Crafted from Foraged Ingredients
Author: Mia Wasilevich Publisher: Page Street Publishing (May 16, 2017) Paperback: 224 pages Unique Recipes for the Adventurous
- Wildcrafting Brewer: Creating Unique Drinks and Boozy Concoctions from Nature’s Ingredients
Author: Pascal Baudar Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing (February, 2018) Paperback: 304 pages Primitive beers, country wines, herbal
- Wildflowers of Southern California: A Guide to Common Native Species
Text: Steven Hartman Photos: Edge of Eden Publisher: Quick Reference Publishing (2013) Waterproof Field Guide: Six
- Wildflowers of the Santa Monica Mountains – Second Edition
Author: Milt McAuley Photography: James P. Kenney Publisher: Canyon Publishing Company (1996) Paperback: 565 pages; 496 color photos